As copy editors, we often come across phrases that sound awkward or outdated, and “we came into an agreement” is one of them. While this phrase is technically correct, using it may not be the best choice, especially when optimizing online content for search engines.
Why is “we came into an agreement” not ideal for SEO?
Search engines like Google prioritize content that is clear, concise, and easy to read. Phrases like “we came into an agreement” can make your content seem stuffy, formal, and difficult to understand. Furthermore, the phrase is not commonly used in everyday conversation, so it may not resonate with your audience.
What are the alternatives to “we came into an agreement”?
There are plenty of alternatives that you can use to replace “we came into an agreement” that are more SEO-friendly. For example, you can use:
– We agreed
– We reached an agreement
– We came to an agreement
– We made an agreement
– We finalized our agreement
By using these alternatives, you can keep your content clear, concise, and reader-friendly. Not only will your content be easier to read and understand, but it will also be more likely to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs).
How can you optimize your content for SEO?
In addition to using clear and concise language, there are other ways to optimize your content for SEO. Here are some tips:
1. Use keywords strategically: Include relevant keywords in your content, but avoid overstuffing your content with them.
2. Write high-quality content: Create content that is engaging, informative, and valuable to your audience.
3. Use descriptive headers: Use H1, H2, and H3 headers to organize your content and make it easier to read.
4. Include meta descriptions: Write meta descriptions that accurately describe your content and include relevant keywords.
5. Optimize images: Use descriptive file names and alt tags to optimize your images for search engines.
In conclusion, “we came into an agreement” may be grammatically correct, but it`s not the best choice for SEO. By using alternative phrases and optimizing your content for SEO, you can create content that is clear, concise, and easy to read. This will not only make your content more reader-friendly, but it will also help your content rank well in search engine results pages.